The AIP aims to bring together the astrophysics community to discuss exoplanet atmospheres in high spectral resolution in its Thinkshop series. We therefore invite scientists to come to Potsdam to discuss the latest techniques for observations, their analysis, and the next-generation instruments in September 2022.
The focus topics for the workshop will be:
- Observation, analysis and modelling of high-resolution exoplanet spectra
- Scientific insights from combinations of different data types
- Detectability of biomarkers
- Future instrumentation
- Dates: 07.-09. September 2022
- Location: AIP, An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany
- Mode: primarily in-person, plus a limited number of online attendance slots will be made available
- Workshop fee: 150 EUR for in-person attendance, including daily food & drink; 20 EUR for online.only attendance
- Program: a mix of talks, discussions, hands-on sessions, and haikus to encourage collaboration.
Meeting registration and abstract submission will be opened shortly. The organizers can be contacted by email in the meantime: SOC chair (K. Poppenhaeger, kpoppenhaeger "at" aip.de), LOC chair (E. Keles, ekeles " at" aip.de).
Scientific Organizing Committee
Katja Poppenhaeger (chair), Julián Alvarado-Gómez, Elena Gallo, Silva Järvinen, Laura Kreidberg, Matthias Mallonn, Lorenzo Pino, Heike Rauer
Local Organizing Committee
Engin Keles (chair), Eliana Amazo-Gómez, Kathrin Böhrs, Thorsten Carroll, Laura Ketzer, Michael Weber and others from the AIP.