The AIP aims to bring together the astrophysics community to discuss exoplanet atmospheres in high spectral resolution in its Thinkshop series. We therefore invite scientists to come to Potsdam to discuss the latest techniques for observations, their analysis, and the next-generation instruments in September 2022. The AIP is a member of the ELT-ANDES consortium.
The focus topics for the workshop will be:
- Observation, analysis and modelling of high-resolution exoplanet spectra
- Scientific insights from combinations of different data types
- Detectability of biomarkers
- Future instrumentation
- Dates: 07.-09. September 2022
- Location: AIP, An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam, Germany
- Mode: primarily in-person, plus a limited number of online attendance slots will be made available
- Workshop fee: 155 EUR for in-person attendance, including daily food & drink; 20 EUR for online-only attendance
- Program: a mix of talks, discussions, and haikus to encourage collaboration.
- Talk abstracts can be submitted by July 31 2022. After that date, only submissions for "flash talks" (1-minute talks) will be open.
- Please note that registration is closed now.
Meeting registration and abstract submission are currently open. The organizers can be contacted by email in the meantime: SOC chair (K. Poppenhaeger, kpoppenhaeger "at" aip.de), LOC chair (E. Keles, ekeles " at" aip.de).
Confirmed invited speakers include Emily Rauscher, Jayne Birkby, Matteo Brogi, Vivien Parmentier, Vikki Meadows, Pedro Figueira, Julia Seidel, and Lisa Nortmann.
Scientific Organizing Committee
Katja Poppenhaeger (chair), Julián Alvarado-Gómez, Elena Gallo, Silva Järvinen, Laura Kreidberg, Matthias Mallonn, Lorenzo Pino, Heike Rauer
Local Organizing Committee
Engin Keles (chair), Eliana Amazo-Gómez, Kathrin Böhrs, Judy Chebly, Nikoleta Ilic, Laura Ketzer, Joana Wokittel.